Every year we do a post-conference survey to gather your feedback in an effort to continually improve on the events we produce. This year we received 155 responses, which is about 30% of all delegates (excluding speakers).
We appreciate your feedback and in the spirit of transparency we like to provide you with the overall results along with some insight into how your feedback compares with that of your peers.
You also provided a lot of great suggestions for next year – thank you to everyone who submitted their suggestions.
Results of the SMC 2014 Attendee Survey
Rate your overall experience at Social Media Camp on a scale of 1 – 10.
How many Social Media Camps in Victoria have you attended?
How organized was the event?
SMC was Thurs, Fri and Saturday this year. Would you prefer all weekdays, the weekend, or a mix like this year?
How much value for money was this event?
Did you enjoy the Day 1 sessions at Club919 & the Strathcona?
Rate the speakers for the sessions you attended (we have only listed the top 5 speakers by rating).
What did you like the MOST about SMC 2014?
- The speakers with practical advice and willingness to share their how-to guides outside the camp too Also loved the visual representations of the talks done – took pictures of those I couldn’t attend
- The energy, creativity and the sponsors really going all out to make the event an experience.
- I always enjoy the opportunity to network. The delegation makes or breaks every conference and the delegation at this event is top notch!! Oh, and I LOVED the @usedeverywhere lounge. Charging stations and popcorn!
What did you like the LEAST about SMC 2014?
- Many sessions were very beginner oriented. I’d love to see a better mix of beginner and advanced skill levels and see those marked as such in the schedule so as not to miss out on the most appropriate sessions for my needs and skill level.
- The program did not provide enough information about the content of the proposed talks by presenters. I found some of the topic titles either misleading or just not clear enough.
- Coffee and cold drinks should be served all day. Even if you charge for it, it should be available. Perhaps a vip lounge where attendees can pay a premium to enjoy beverages and snacks/finger food.
Do you have any ideas for topics, or speakers for next year?
- Advanced sales and marketing tips for the use of various social media tools (evidence of success and the reasons why)
- What to do once your strategy plateaus. Two years in you’re doing well. How do you take it to the next step? How to convince your boss (the older generation) to invest in social media
- It would be great to have someone speak about managing your reputation online in social media….it seems now people take to social media to air a bad experience, how to deal with that or listen online would be great information.
We have lots of great feedback to work with to make SMC 2015 even better, more valuable and accessible by all. Key takeaways for us are:
- Even more diversity of speakers, workshops and subject matter.
- Better and more visible description of sessions on the website, in the program and on the mobile app.
- More advanced sessions.
- An even bigger & better trade show component.
Producing a successful conference every year for five years requires the help and support of a lot of very talented people; staff, contractors and volunteers, not to mention the attendees and sponsors – thank you!
If you have any more feedback or speaker suggestions please leave it in the comments section below.