First: we look for people we want to hear from (and think you’ll want to hear) and then we invite them to participate. We spend long hours reviewing and vetting our line-up. We are also open to suggestions – please drop us an email.
Second: we are inviting presentation proposals for SMC 2013 in Victoria BC on May 6-8, 2013.
Proponents should assess their suitability for participation by answering the following questions:
- Are you accustomed to speaking to audiences of 100 or more people?
- Is your content fresh, thought provoking and relevant to a social media audience?
- Are your sessions interactive? Do you incorporate practical examples, case studies and best practices?
If your answer is “yes,” we invite you to submit a proposal to be a SMC 2013 presenter.
Social Media Camp attracts a wide-ranging group of professionals, including:
- social media newbies and aficionados of all levels from beginner to novice and advanced
- small business owners seeking expert advice on leveraging social media
- government employees, media and non-profit organizations
- Please ensure you read and understand all information provided in this document before completing the Call for Presentations Submission Form.
- Submitting your application will forward your proposal to the SMC Program Committee for review.
The deadline for submission is Friday, December 28, 2012.
Applicants that get short-listed will be contacted by email. A member of the Program Committee may conduct a brief interview to learn more about the presenter and his or her proposed presentation.
Presentations are limited to no more than 60 minutes, and Workshops of no more that 90 minutes, including questions.
SMC presenters will receive one (1) Silver Pass to the conference but do not receive fees and are responsible for their own travel expenses including hotel, airfare and ground transportation. In exchange for their participation, speakers benefit through their association with SMC and their exposure to an audience of business professionals, media and potential customers.