When is the next event?
Our annual 3-day conference with keynote speakers, panels, workshops and more. The 7th annual #SMCamp is May 5-7, 2016 at the Victoria Conference Centre in Victoria, British Columbia.
Where is it?
#SMCamp is held at the prestigious Victoria Conference Centre, attached to the Fairmont Empress Hotel in downtown Victoria, right next to the harbour.
Can I participate online?
Very much yes! There will be many ongoing conversations happening on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.). Look for the hashtag #SMCamp on your favourite platform.
For those unable to attend the event in person, we’ll also be delivering a livestream ticket option. To register for the livestream, click here.
How do I contact the organizers?
If you’d prefer a phone call, please let us know, and we’ll be happy to arrange a time to call.
How much does it cost?
Refer to the Registration Page for details on different ticket options and prices. There is a ticket processing fee, and 5% sales tax, which is added on at the time of purchase.
How did this get started?
Social Media Camp Victoria started when Chris Burdge and Paul Holmes decided that Vancouver Island deserved to have a top notch event where people with an enthusiasm for social media could both learn to leverage it effectively as well as talk about its effect on mainstream media, business and society.
After extremely successful events in 2010, 2011 and 2012, #SMCamp has evolved into the premier social media event in Canada, attracting attendees from all across Canada and the USA and from as far away as Mexico, Cuba and Thailand.
What payment methods are available?
Your payment options:
- PayPal or credit card through the EventBrite registration system.
- Cheques will be accepted up to 6 weeks prior to an event. Contact us for payment information.
What is the refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable, but they are transferable to others. Just let us know at least 21 days prior to the event who the new registrant is. Any financial arrangements with the other party must be carried out yourselves.
What’s the Theme?
Each year, we have a different theme. Refer to the Theme Page for this year’s theme.
What are Some Reasons to Attend?
- Since 2010 over 4,000 people have attended Social Media Camp, and 65% of attendees are key decision makers.
- All SMCamp speakers are handpicked to provide you with the most relevant, useful insights and best practices into building and maintaining powerful social media strategies that will grow your business.
- The Networking: you will meet valuable contacts that could be your next business partner, supplier, employee or client.
- We have a strict policy of no sales pitches from the podium.
- Whether you are B2B, B2C, from a small-to-medium business or a large enterprise, SMCamp has something for you. With more than 35 workshops, panels, keynotes and learning sessions, you can personalize your experience to your specific business and educational needs.
Who Should Definitely Attend?
Anyone interested in learning, from the best social media minds in North America, how to harness the power of social media to further your brands reach and impact. Whether you are a business owner, marketing manager, non-profit, educator, media company, or have a keen interest in social media, SMCamp has something for you.
More specifically, this is a must-see event if you fall into one of these categories:
- Business Owners
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Marketing Officers
VPs, Directors and Managers of:
- Business Strategy
- Customer Relations
- Social Media
- Public Relations
- Social Media Assistants
- Online Community Managers
- Social Media Strategists
- Business Development
- Community Marketers
- Media Sales
- Agency Account Managers